Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Goodbyes and Hellos ..... and more !

Goodbyes

Yesterday I said goodbye to Joanne. I think i'd worked myself up into a state all last week because I hadn't felt that I'd said goodbye and paid my respects.

Well, what a funeral ! We laughed, we cried, we laughed again ... it was exactly as Jo would have wanted, and it WAS what she wanted - as she had planned it all herself - except for the slide show which Anita had organised .... honestly, I'll never forget Jo's swimming cap, I'm still chucklin' now !!!

So now I've said my goodbye and I feel the burden of that has been lifted. So long my lovely friend ... until we meet again xxx

Hellos

Now ......... onto the hello's !

Since Jo passed away, I have realised just how many true friends I have made through crafting. So many people have entered my life ... all from different walks of life, and from different parts of the world ... isn't it just absolutely bloody amazing ??

The amount of friends I have made via UKS has been astounding. It really is like a family on there. Ok, there can be friction at times and I'm not saying its all rosy and glowy (if there is such a word - if not, i've made a new word, and I own the copyright) ... BUT ... when someone is in the shit, or is upset or something tragic to them has happened - then the whole UKS community unites ... and THAT is what makes UKS such a special place.

More

Well, I pre-empted the heating situation a tad ... the day after I posted that it was up and running etc., the sodding thing broke down ... anyway, today the heating engineer came back, and we're up and running and cosy and warm again !!

Xmas Factor

Had a rehearsal this afternoon with two of my three contenders. WOW WOW WOW !!! My lovely year 7 Hayley is singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and she sounds fantastic !! I just had to get her to move around a little bit, because our stage at school is gigantic, and she would have looked a bit daft just standing there pounding out this fab song .... she was a bit uncomfortable at first with it all, but once I sung it and 'moved' a bit to show her what I wanted - she was fine !!!

Then Beverley - who is singing Santa Baby ... well WOW WOW WOW x 100. The girl is gifted and has talent ... and blurdy hell ... can the girl move !!! Wait until she sees the blow up Santa i've ordered for her performance ... I'm sure she's gonna end up pole dancing around him !!!!

We have a full dress rehearsal tomorrow night, so I'll let you all know how it goes !

JOKE - sorry i've not posted one for ages

A man walked into a pub with an Ostrich and a Pussy Cat.

He walked up the the bar and said "Beer for me, beer for the ostrich, whisky for the cat".

They found a table, sat down and drank their drinks.

Next it was the ostrichs round. He walked up to the bar and said "Beer for me, beer for the man, whisky for the cat".

He took the drinks back to the table and they drank them.

When it was the Cat's turn to buy, he told them to "Fuck off!"

So the man went back to the bar and said "Beer for me, beer for the ostrich and whisky for the cat".

The Barman was curious about this and said "I notice that you and the ostrich have both bought a round but the cat hasn't. Why is this?". The man replied, "I helped a little old lady across the road, and she turned out to be my Fairy Godmother. She granted me one wish"."What did you wish for?" said the Barman.

"I wished for a long legged bird with a tight pussy!"

No comments: